Monday, December 9, 2013

Winter Skincare Update

With the winter weather in full effect, most people must adjust their skincare routines to the colder weather and dryness (induced by the heat).  I wanted to share my current routine, since certain products that are awesome in the warmer weather (COR Silver Soap, for example) are a tad drying now.  I have not given up the Silver Soap entirely, but I only use it a couple times a week.  Instead, I am mostly using Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser, which is a great, inexpensive product.  Rather than moisturizing once a day (in the morning), I am applying my Mario Badescu AHA and Ceramide Moisturizer twice a day.  Please note that this is a lighter weight moisturizer for oily/acne prone skin, so if you are on the dry side, you may require a thicker formula.  I even used my Clairsonic brush to exfoliate last week, and it didn't seem to make my skin freak out, so I am going to try it weekly now (instead of daily like before).  
On my lips, I love Aquaphor ointment (cheap and effective).  My hands are usually in the absolute worst condition in the winter (extremely dry, cracked, and red), and my newest find is Yu-Be Cream.  This cream is made in Japan, and supposedly contains no sulfates, petrochemicals, synthetic dyes or fragrances (awesome!).  It is formulated with glycerin and vitamins E and B2, and is very absorbent and not greasy or sticky at all.  The smell kind of reminds me of the old school Blistex Medicated formula, and it works like a charm!  
What changes have you made to your skincare routine?  Are there any new, great products you have found lately?  Please share your thoughts, suggestions, etc in the comments section:)

No comments:

Post a Comment