Tuesday, December 3, 2013

How to look healthy (when you are not)

The last few days, I have been battling a brutal cold.  My nose is red and raw, my lips chapped, my eyes watery.  I have been resting at my house, but if you find yourself in a similar situation and need to be out in public, here are a couple tips to help you look healthy when you feel like death.

1.  Make sure to moisturize- Moisturizing your face will help your skin look plump, hydrated and healthier; dry skin NEVER looks healthy.  My personal favorite is Mario Badescu AHA and Ceramide Moisturizer.

2.  Un-chap those lips (and noses)- Apply a thick layer of Aquaphor or Vaseline to your lips and nose to prevent flaking and dryness.

3.  Depuff eyes-  Apply a cooling eye gel (love Mario Badescu, Aveeno, and Oil of Olay's eye gels/creams) to the under eye area. If you have a little more time, you can always apply some cucumber slices, frozen spoons, or a cold mask for a few minutes too.  I tend to stick with the eye cream only.  Then, slick on some brightening under eye concealer to camouflage dark or puffy under eyes.  Try Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer or Yves St Laurent Touché Eclat.

4. Conceal redness-  A dead giveaway to appearing under the weather is redness around the nose. Make sure to apply a moisturizing concealer to those red spots!

5. Brighten eyes-  There is not a lot that can be done to reduce watery eyes, but you can make them appear healthier with a coat or two of mascara (waterproof to combat the wateriness!) and a little dab of highlighter on the inner corners.  Any light, slightly iridescent eyeshadow or highlighter will work.

6.  Reduce pallor-  If the color has drained from your face, swipe on a peachy blush on the apples of your cheeks to give a radiant look.  A cream blush, like Stila Convertible Color, will work even better if your skin is dry.

I am not including photos of myself in this post, as I look and feel like death:)

Give it a try and let me know if you think these tips help!  Please share your comments, suggestions, etc in the comments sections below!

No comments:

Post a Comment