Friday, January 10, 2014

Urban Decay Naked 2 Tutorial (and new hair!)

I wanted to share a quick and easy tutorial using the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.  If you do not have the Naked 2 palette, any range of neutral eyeshadows should work.  The palette is definitely worth the money if you are in the market for new eyeshadow, just putting it out there:)


My new hair color and the makeup look in the tutorial:)

1. Apply complexion products as you prefer. I applied my normal moisturizer, Bareminerals foundation, concealer under my eyes and on red spots.

2.  Apply bronzer (Nars Laguna is my go-to) around the hairline, cheekbones, jawline and down the nose.

3.  Swirl on blush of your choice.  I almost always use Nars Orgasm, but since the rest of the look is pretty neutral, any pink or peachy shade should work well.

4.  Prime eyelids with a primer you like.  I always use Urban Decay Primer Potion, since it is the BEST for keeping shadow in place all day.  I also recommend putting a little on the lower lash line too.

5.  Using a shader (flat) brush, apply Suspect (a light shimmery beige) to the inner corners of the eyes to about a third of the way across the lid, blending it slightly toward the tear duct.

6.  Next, apply Snakebite (a medium bronze) to the remaining two-thirds of the eyelid.  Then use a eyeshadow blending brush to lightly blend the colors together.

7.  On the outer "V "of the eyes, apply Busted (a deep burgundy) with a pencil blending brush.  Again with the regular eyeshadow blending brush, blend all three colors together in a windshield wiper motion.  When blending, you should make sure the shadows look like a gradient rather than three separate, disjointed colors.

8.  With a pencil blending brush, apply Snakebite to the lower lash line.

9.  Apply black eyeliner of your choice to the upper lash line.  I chose MAC Fluidline for this look.

10.  Line waterline of lower eyelid with a brown eyeliner (softer than black, but still makes eyes look sultry).  I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Whiskey.

11.  Curl lashes, apply mascara, and groom brows.

11.5.  Totally optional, but add your favorite pink lip color.  I used Bite Beauty lipstick in a fuchsia shade.

And there you have it:)  Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about this tutorial or anything else!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Erica!
    I've been eyeing the Naked palettes and have been trying to pick the one best for me. Blonde/blue eyes/ fair skin- which of the three do you think would work best?
    Thanks!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole Ann, thanks for reading:) I would probably recommend Naked (original) because the shadows are a tad warmer (think lots of golds, bronzes, etc) which look great on blue eyes and helps enhance the color. Hope that helps!

      Delete