Sunday, January 19, 2014

Inspiration of the Week: Purple lipstick

Lately I have been more inclined to paint on a bright lipstick rather than wear a dark eye.  I have tried various reds, pinks and even orange shades, and have been quite happy with the look that the dose of color adds.  After browsing through Pinterest, I found that I was pinning quiet a lot of purple lip shades.  Maybe it is because it is a little different and fun, but still looks cool and chic.  I don't know;  I do know that I like the look and plan to wear it as a alternative to red more often.  Aside from the violet lipstick, not much else is needed.  Maybe some tinted moisturizer and concealer to even the skin, a few coats of mascara and a little black liner, and you are good to go.  Remember that the darker your skin tone, the deeper the shade you can choose for the lips.  

Photos courtesy of Tumblr via Pinterest, BehindM blog/Elle via Pinterest, and Instagram via Pinterest(Jessiiistephiii).  Collage created with PicCollage app.

My suggestions to try-
Medium skin: MAC Heroine 

Me sporting my MAC Heroine lipstick




No comments:

Post a Comment