Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Super easy, glasses-wearer friendly makeup tutorial

Here is a very simple look, which is perfect for anyone really, but especially for those who wear glasses.  When you wear glasses, you don't need to wear as much makeup (generally speaking), which is awesome.  You do have to play up certain features, like your brows and lips, so the glasses don't take over your entire face.   I myself have worn glasses since I was three, so I know a thing or two about how to do this:)





All you need is to follow your typical complexion makeup routine (tinted moisturizer and some concealer in my case) and follow these steps:

1.  Fill those brows!  If you don't know how, check out my "How to" video on this blog:)  This step is the most important, since the brows frame your eyes and glasses.  Plus, it makes you look more put together.

2.  Swipe on some shimmery taupe eyeshadow on your entire eyelid, all the way up to your crease and blend.  No need for multiple eyeshadow shades for this look!  I used one (Verve) from my trusty Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette.  

3.  Draw on a very thin line of black (or gray, if you prefer) eyeliner on your upper eyelids.  I used liquid to get a super skinny line, but any liner will work just fine.  

4.  Apply two coats of your favorite mascara on top and bottom lashes.  If you have any clumps, make sure to comb them out!  I used one of my favorites, L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes.

5.  Apply a pretty lip color, preferably a medium peach or coral, which looks great on most skin tones.  I used Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi. 

6.  Apply a swirl off peach-pink blush onto your cheeks.

And there you have it!  Simple and pretty in no time at all:)   

No comments:

Post a Comment