Generally in the summer, we don't feel like piling on makeup. Most of us are a little tanner and don't feel like we need as much makeup, plus we don't want to worry about makeup melting and sliding off of our faces. We also would rather enjoy the nice weather rather than spending a long time getting ready. Here is a very quick and easy summer makeup look that anyone can pull off.
Just wanted to point out that the eyeshadow pencil I used in this photo is on SALE for $5 on the Urban Decay website!!! The color I used was "rehab."
1. Apply your favorite moisturizer (regular or tinted).
2. Conceal under eye area and any redness on the face.
3. If you prefer, apply a mineral powder foundation to even out the skin tone.
4. Apply bronzer where the sun naturally hits the face- around the hairline, on the top of the nose and cheekbones, and along the jawline. A lot of makeup artists will say to use a number 3 motion on the sides of the face, starting at the hair line then swooping down to the cheeks and then the jaw (on both sides of the face).
5. Swirl on your favorite blush. This look is especially pretty with a cream blush.
6. Apply your favorite highlighter on the top of your cheekbones.
7. Using a soft eyeshadow pencil in a gold or bronze shade, swipe all the way across your eyelids (lash line to crease) and under the lower lash line. Then using a blending brush to blend the shadow pencil all over, concentrating on really buffing it into the crease.
8. Line the waterlines (top and bottom) of the eyes with a waterproof eyeliner pencil.
9. Curl lashes and apply your favorite waterproof mascara.
10. Fill brows and use a little gel to keep them in place.
11. Apply a bright pink lipstick to your lips and blot. I used Nars Semi Matte lipstick in "Funny Face". A good dupe is Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in "Fifth Avenue Fuchsia".
Done and done!