Saturday, May 3, 2014

Product Review: BareMinerals Bare Skin Brightening Serum Foundation

If you are a reader of my blog, you should already be aware of my love for the original BareMinerals powder foundation. I have been using it for about 5 years, as it is the only thing my sensitive, acne-prone skin can handle. When BareMinerals announced their new liquid foundation launch, I ran to my local Sephora to buy it (launch was May 1st). This foundation is unlike any other I have tried. The salesperson at Sephora compared it to the Georgio Armani Maestro foundation, which has a nice, light feel and looks amazing, but contains silicones. If your skin is not sensitive, silicones are not an issue, and actually help give the complexion a smoother finish (for those with more mature skin especially). However, silicones can make sensitive or acne-prone skin react/breakout, so unfortunately they are a no-go for me. Anyway, the Bare Skin foundation feels like a serum; it is not the typical liquid or cream foundation. The ingredients include Vitamin C, which helps brighten the skin, and lilac stem cells, which are antioxidants. In addition to the anti-aging ingredients, titanium dioxide is added as a physical sunscreen (SPF 20), just like in the original BareMinerals formula. The Bare Skin foundation is totally buildable, which means you can obtain anywhere from sheer coverage to full coverage, depending on how much you apply.  To apply, simply shake the bottle, apply 2-6 drops onto a foundation brush (or your hands if you prefer), and blend.  Pretty easy!   Today is my second time wearing this foundation and I have  to tell you, it is awesome! It basically just makes your skin look beautiful and fresh, rather than "makeupy" or cakey. Plus it is feels nice and light on the skin, which I know is a big concern for those who wear foundation. I recommend setting the Bare Skin with a powder (especially if you have oily skin) such as BareMinerals Mineral Veil, to keep everything in place after application. It truly is a great product, in my opinion!The foundation is sold (separately) with a special brush ($28) to allow a perfect application, which works well, but in my opinion you could probably use any foundation brush with it.
The BareSkin Brightening Serum foundation is available in 20 shades and can be purchased for about $29 at Sephora, Ulta or BareMinerals stores.
Me wearing my new fave product! I am wearing the foundation in "ivory". Lipstick is Nars Red Square. 


If you try this out, please let me know your thoughts in the comments section.  I am sorry about the font/formatting of this post, I wrote it on the Blogger app.  


* Update- I think this is a great product, but I did start breaking out while using it.  I went back to the original BM formula, but will keep this in my vanity to use when I want a little more coverage.  Just wanted to be up front with you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment