Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Drugstore Finds

Beauty products do not have to be pricey to work well.  I wanted to share a couple products I am using all the time these days, all of which you can pick up at your favorite drugstore.

The first is L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes mascara.  I have been a huge fan of the original Voluminous formula for years now, but wanted to try this out when I saw it.  This mascara contains little fibers that not only help to elongate lashes, but also adds volume (I personally have long lashes naturally, but I tend to purchase volumizing formulas to add some thickness).  This mascara makes it looks like you are wearing false lashes without the hassle of the application and the heavy/pokey feeling you may have experienced in the past if you have worn them.  Another pro is that it is pretty easy to remove, unlike some mascaras that leave you dousing your eyes in makeup removed and STILL you are left with dark circles and smudges.  I would recommend this if you like thicker looking lashes and want a good product for a steal (less than $10!).

The second product I picked up on a whim, as I was randomly in the mood for a plum/wine lip color. Since this is not a color I generally wear, I grabbed Neutrogena's MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Rich Raisin.  This lip product provides good color pay off (more than a tint, but still more sheer than a regular lipstick) and feels very smooth and hydrating.  The product is shaped like a big crayon (with a pre-sharpened tip) and when you need more product, you simply turn the dial on the bottom of the applicator (kind of like a Chapstick).  It also smells really good!  This product comes in a somewhat limited variety of colors, but the range includes shades that would compliment many skin tones.  Another one worth a try in my book:)

Please ignore my horrendous nail polish that needs to be removed!






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the tip on L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes mascara! I have been testing out some mascara and haven't found any that I love. I will have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete