Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tutorial: Violet / Cranberry Smokey Eyes

If you read my last blog post, you saw I just bought a bunch of MAC products including several eyeshadows to fill a palette.  I have never been a huge fan of MAC's eyeshadows, but my recent purchase is leaving a good impression.  The shadows are all very pigmented and do not crease or fade.   Now that I know they are up to par, I put together this tutorial for a smokey eye look with some of the eyeshadows I bought.  You can use any eyeshadow, as long as the colors are similar it should give the same look.



1.  Apply shadow primer of your choice.  As you know, I love Urban Decay Primer Potion.

2.  Use a slightly iridescent cream color on the inner corner/tear duct of your eye.  I used MAC Shroom.

3.  On the inner corner of your eye, apply a light peach-pink shadow.  Here, I used MAC Gleam.

4.  On the middle of the eye, apply a medium pink-purple.  I used MAC Star Violet.

5.  On the outer v of the eye and crease, apply a dark purple.  I used MAC Sketch.  Blend everything with a blending brush with a windshield wiper motion.

6.  Apply a waterproof black eyeliner in the upper and lower waterlines.  Smudge with a q-tip or pencil blending brush.  For this look, I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero.  

7.  Smudge some of the dark purple shadow into the lower lash line.  

8.  Curl eyelashes and apply lots of mascara.  I used L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Effect mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment