Sunday, January 12, 2014

Product Review: Illuminare Concealing Mineral Foundation

I am am a loyal BareMinerals foundation user, but sometimes I like a little more coverage than it offers.  As you may already know, I have pretty sensitive and acne-prone skin, so it is difficult to find a moderate to full coverage liquid foundation that doesn't make me break out.  When I reordered my beloved Cor Silver Soap, Skincarestore.com sent me a couple of samples, the Illuminare Concealing Mineral Foundation being one of them.  I gave it a try yesterday, and I have to say, it is pretty great.
I simply used my hands and fingers to apply and blend onto my face (make sure to use moisturizer first for better blending), but a brush or sponge may be used if preferred.  After applying the foundation, my face barely required any concealer aside from a little brightening under the eyes.  The finish is semi-matte, and the look is flawless (no caking or weird oxidation here!).  I am seriously considering buying a tube of this stuff to have on hand for special occasions (or for when my skin acts up).  A tube is about $27, which isn't cheap, but since you require such a small amount for a full-face application, it should last quite a while.  And it contains sunscreen (SPF 20!)  Something to consider if you are in search of a new foundation:)

This is what the foundation looks like:) And Nars Dragon Girl on the lips.

My little sample packet.  Need more of this!


No comments:

Post a Comment