Monday, June 2, 2014

June Faves

Considering the damage I did just a month ago at the Makeup Show, I should not be shopping for makeup and hair products.  BUT I am crazy and love beauty products, and sharing my thoughts about them with you- so here we are again!

After reading some other blogs, I decided to buy RMS Living Luminizer, which is a gorgeous, natural looking (not glittery/too shimmery) cream highlighter.  It is a little pricey ($38!), but you only need to use a little at a time, so it should last awhile.  It imparts a beautiful, healthy-looking glow to the skin.  Apply with your fingers or a brush to the high points of the face (tops of cheekbones, brow bone, cupid's bow, etc).  This is a great summer product- something that looks fresh, pretty and can be applied quickly and easily.

The last few months I have had issues finding a shampoo and conditioner that keeps my frizzy hair tamed and at the same time does not make it lifeless.  I was recommended Davines Beautifying Shampoo and Conditioner ($26 each), and have to say I am very impressed.  Both products smell AMAZING and the formulas seem very balanced.  The shampoo is creamy but gentle, and the conditioner is rich and thick.  In fact the shampoo and conditioner are for all hair types, which initially scared me since my hair is on the dry side, but my hair has been well-behaved since I starting this regimen.   Oh, and they work well for when I wear my hair both wavy and straight, which is another plus.  I highly recommend this line based on my experience so far.

Now, for a inexpensive drugstore buy! Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer is pretty dang great considering it is under $10.   Obviously, this is marketed for mature skin, but it works well on anyone.  It is creamy but does not crease or settle into fine lines and blends easily into the under eye area.  Unfortunately, the shade range is not great (4 shades, plus one brightener and one neutralizer), but women with darker skin tones may be able to use this product as more of a highlighting product.


Please let me know what you think if you try any of these products, or if you have a product you have been liking lately and want to share.




1 comment:

  1. t bact cream is an antibiotic utilized for the treatment of bacterial skin infections like Impetigo and folliculitis. The ointment isn't as effective against viral or fungal infections and thus ought not to be utilized for such conditions.

    ReplyDelete